Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A reminiscent time of year…

We have a lot going on lately. Brady has started baseball practice and is preparing for his piano recital. Madison is working hard to get ready for her dance and tumbling recital. Blake is still having speech therapy two times a week. Church, small group, housework, yard work, regular work, school etc… I am thankful that we live such full lives. And very much UNLIKE last year Justin has been in the fields this week and planned to start planting today which is very exciting.


I find that we have been saying the phrase “this time last year” a lot around our house lately. It has been fun to remember details of our second trip. On April 14th we arrived in Vlad from Moscow and on April 15th we finally got to be reunited with Blake. We still weren’t able to post pictures of him at that time so I thought it might be fun to go back and see what photos we had from those days. Of course on that first visit with him we were being prepped for court so I don’t have as many photos from that day.

This one reminds me of the ‘shops’ we would see often on the side of the road.
This picture reminds me of why I gained 10 pounds that I am still struggling to lose. Carbs central!

Here you can see Lana in the background and Blake sitting in a machina looking at a book that teaches Russian phrases.
It was not uncommon for us to see Blake in ‘girlie’ clothes.

The memories are all coming back now!

1 comment:

cindy said...

What a difference a year makes. I am very thankful to have Blake in our lives. He is truly a blessing from God. Love Grandma Cindy