Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Are we ready for this?

Maybe I should ask if I am really ready for this?

What is this you ask?!?!?

Potty Training!!!!

I honestly can not remember a thing about potty training Brady or Maddie. Blake already had the skill mastered by the time he came home so I feel like such a novice. Boston used the potty chair for the first time on Sunday (July 10th). He seems to enjoy the party that takes place each time he uses it so that is a great thing. But....

He NEVER took off his diaper on his own before Sunday. Now he takes off his clothes and diaper by himself. What is the problem with this?!?!? He did this at bed time and put the diaper in the closet and peed on the floor yesterday!We definitely have out work cut out for us!

4 comments:

Tracey and Chuck said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! It has been quite a struggle with Matt and we have been at it since around April! He will go if you put him on the potty (#1) usually only but he NEVER tells you when he has to go and he still could care less if he has a mess in his pull up!!! I think it is going to be a while yet for us! Keep us updated how you do!

Jody said...

As nasty as it sounds...we just let Jack cruise around with nothing on for quite a while. He still doesn't tell us (usually) when he has to go, but very rarely does he have an accident. What a drag potty training is. :)

Jody said...

Perhaps I should mention that we have no carpet in our house. Only hardwood floors....made clean up for the accidents a lot simpler!!

Christen L said...

Oh Lordy!!! It's funny I'm just reading this because Frank and I were just asking friends of ours about potty training. How do you know when they are ready? And for some reason I have this weird anxiety about it because Crosby is a boy. I'm so confused about when he should stand or sit, etc. I think we have awhile before we really have to work on anything, thankfully. (Or maybe not thankfully... diapers aren't exactly fun times, are they?) lol.