Sunday, September 28, 2008

In the Beginning...

There is so much we want to share with everyone to help you fully understand how we got to the point we are at today. There are many little details that paint the big picture of our journey so far. So here we go….

Justin has always wanted to have more children in our family. I too didn’t really feel that our family was complete, but I didn’t believe that getting pregnant again was what we were supposed to do. We have been blessed with two amazing and healthy children and my pregnancies we very smooth and a great experience, but something just didn’t seem right with going through that process again. Over time various things were brought to my attention about adoption. I had never considered adoption before. In fact, the thought had never crossed my mind. All of the sudden, I was reading people’s testimonies about adoption; crossing paths with people who have recently adopted; hearing radio broadcasts about adoption. It was becoming too much to ignore. I still hadn’t mentioned anything to Justin as I still wondered what these thoughts were all about. On February 21st Justin and I attended a Newsboys concert at The Crossing in Quincy. During the show the artists shared their mission to sponsor children in need. This was it. I knew I had to share the thoughts I had been having with Justin about adoption.

On the way home, I too was in for a surprise. When I told Justin about what I had been thinking (fully expecting to blow his mind), he sort of laughed in a disbelieving kind of way and said, “I have thought about adoption on a number of occasions.” For hours that night we talked about the impossibility of the entire situation; how crazy we were; what it meant for us as a couple; what it would mean to Brady and Madison; what would our family say???

And the so the roller coaster ride began.

No comments: