Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So much fun around here!

But first to start with the not so fun news. On Christmas night my father had to go to the hospital. It was determined that he had pneumonia and kidney stones. He is finally on his way home as I type this entry! Unfortunately my sister Glennda was admitted to the hospital this morning with a kidney infection. The doctors have put her on antibiotics and are keeping her overnight. She should get to come home if her blood work comes back ok and she can keep her fever down. Several years ago, while in elementary school, my youngest sister Dyan has surgery on her kidneys. Let’s just say I have increased my water intake dramatically to hopefully keep from joining in on the family kidney drama!

We have so many great memories from this year’s Christmas. I have found myself choked up a number of times with how thankful I am for this past year and that Blake was with us to celebrate Christmas. I am also so thankful for how wonderful Brady and Madison are as a big brother and sister! Here are just a few pictures that show some of our excitement!

Madison and I on Christmas Eve

My handsome boys on Christmas Eve!

Blake with Santa’s milk and cookies.

Christmas morning. Our tradition is that the kids open their stocking gifts. Then we eat breakfast, read the Christmas story, and then take communion as a family. After that they get to open their ‘big’ gifts.





This picture cracks me up. The kids have always loved to do what the adults are doing. That includes things like putting on deodorant. So you can imagine the fun they have with their very own deodorant.

They each loved giving gifts to each other!

Blake was grateful for every single gift he received, but he really enjoyed his new truck.

Madison can now practice her tumbling moves in the basement.

Brady was elated to get a brand new bed. He was actually excited to go to sleep that night!



I hope to upload more photos soon. Until then I will leave you with this…

From a family member’s Christmas letter…. I have really taken this to heart!
“On our tombstones it isn’t really important the date on either end, but the dash in the middle and what we did with it – how will people remember us? Will they remember me for the towels I folded so neatly or the stains I worked so hard to get out of clothes, or how many times I ran the dishwasher? Probably not. So my only New Year’s Resolution is to really live life to the fullest and prioritize what is truly important – to seek God first and to share his everlasting love with the world around and then to create memories with my husband and children that will live on.”

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Looks like a great Christmas at the Overstreet house! Happy New Year!

Kate S. said...

Love the pictures!!!! Hope you had an enjoyable break and hope everyone is adjusting back to the school routine this week.

Looks like Justin started framing out your basement, too- exciting!

Hope everyone in your family is okay after the health scares you had.

MISS YOU!!