Monday, February 15, 2010

What we do during snow days!

We very rarely are still. We have to be busy all of the time. It is how Justin and I are wired which then passes on to Brady, Madison, and Blake. We aren’t always proud of the fact that we don’t know how to relax, but we are often times productive. Sometimes though we create more work for ourselves than we had intended. Last week the kids had snow days on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Here is what we did on Tuesday…

Justin has started finishing our basement this winter. It was time to pour the shower ‘pan’ thing and Justin thought we should all help out. So after hauling up unneeded things to the garage we got into the cement action. The kids had a good time. There was some cement/concrete left over so Justin thought we should get the kids footprints molded. It was some great team work that day!
So on Wednesday we had another snow day. I needed to go in to work and Justin was available to stay at home with kids. At about 12:30, I got a call letting me know that Brady and Madison were putting together a presentation as to why they were responsible enough to have a hamster. I expressed all of the typical motherly concerns… like who is going to feed it and clean its cage when they lose interest!?! Well I guess their presentation worked (not to mention dad can be a big softly!) and Mr, Squiggles made his way into our house that day…. Guess that‘s what I get for going in to work on a snow day!
The snow covered trees were pretty!

 

Justin and I decided that we were not getting each other anything for Valentine’s Day since our Vegas weekend was our treat to ourselves. Well I guess ‘the kids’ (aka Justin the big kid) thought I needed to be serenaded at work. It was really rather embarrassing. And the question I have for everyone is where on earth do you look when someone is singing to you? My face was red as a beet and the entire time I was thinking... Do I look as these gentleman? Do I look into their eyes? It was just weird!

1 comment:

JoJo and Mr.T said...

I love the picture of the trees. I remember driving home from work that morning and called Cathy to tell her what a beautiful way to end my day, yet start A day. The kids all look happy and healthy, I'm happy for you all. Some days I stop and think of how far we have all come (ya,I do have my moments,sensative) Time is going to fast! My Love to all