Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break 2010

This week is spring break for Macomb schools. This is the first year since I left teaching that I too get to have spring break off with them. We were invited to go to the Wisconsin Dells with a group of families for a couple of nights. We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge which has a great indoor water park. Of course I wish I would have gotten better pictures to capture how much fun we all had.  And I noticed that I have way more pictures of Blake than Brady and Madison.  Brady was off with his friend Tanner most of the time, and Madison was busy with her friends Emily and Reagan.  It is hard for me to get used to the idea that they are big enough to be running around without being in our site ALL of the time!

Here are a few highlights…

You can almost see how purple Blake's lips were.  He is so skinny - he just shivered the whole time!  But of course he was not interested in getting out of the water and warming up for a few minutes.
In the evening they have a pajama story hour in the lobby.  The kids go down in their jammies and hear a story.  They then got their picture taken with the animal below (I actually am not 100% sure what animal it is!)  Brady was a good sport and got in the picture for me!
Just across the parking lot was a restaurant called Buffalo Phil's.  We had 23 in our party for dinner.  Here are 7 of the 23!  It was hard to get a good picture, but the kids ate at a little bar that had a railroad track attached.  Their drinks and food were delivered to them by the train.  It was adorable!


The kids were excited to see Mr. Squiggles when we got home!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

As always love the updates....I a still dealing with skinny too! I have stopped weighing Tori. She eats, is really just so active! Can you believe it has almost been a year?

Kate S. said...

YEAH for spring break! So glad you got to enjoy it this year, too, Heather!! Looks like a fabulous time with all!

cheryl said...

cute. i was finally able to get this account back. i am glad. thanks.