Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blake’s Russia

First of all today is Justin’s birthday! All five of us are planning to go to dinner and do some last minute shopping for things we need for our trip.

Prior to about 3 or 4 days ago Blake appears to have no recollection of Russia. Well, maybe I should say he has had zero interest in taking about Russia at all. If we ask him is he remembers various things or if we show him pictures from our time there he just changes the subject or looks at us like we are completely insane. The other night Justin and I were looking for some papers in the office and came across the album we took to court. We were flipping through the pages and Blake came in. We showed him the pictures. He saw one of him and Justin and pointed to Justin. Here is how the conversation went…

Blake: “What is your name?”
Justin and I exchanged a puzzled look.
Justin: “What do you mean, what is my name?”
Blake repeated himself: “What is your name?”
Justin: “My name is Daddy”
Blake: “Papa, your name was papa and now it is daddy.”

Justin and I were speechless. This is the very first time Blake has made any reference to Russia at all. It took us by complete surprise. And then yesterday when we were talking about Russia to Madison, Blake piped in and said “My Russia? You goin’ to my Russia?” It will be very interesting to see what develops of the next several months. Thankfully Blake is very excited to have a new family member – especially one that is smaller than him!

2 comments:

True Story said...

wwwoooow! some asked Bodi the other night if he was from Russia and he said an emphatic "YES, I'm from Russia!"
Nice to hear.
Have a GREAT trip. Wish we were going with you.
Love us

Amber D said...

I can just see Blake and the baby running around the house having conversations in Russian. If he remembers as much as this seems to indicate, at least he can act as an interpreter at first!