Thursday, November 6, 2008

Next…

So our packet arrived safe and sound. Wouldn’t you know we were missing a couple of things? Luckily they do not have to be notarized or certified so I will be able to put them in mail tomorrow. And of course our next payment is due with those documents and we didn’t send the check. Here is the information CHI sent as to what we should expect… “We send packages to Russia 2 times a week, Wednesday and Friday. Yours will go whichever day they are ready. It typically takes about 2 days to get there. They will get translated. Depending on how many families’ registration packets are there, it could take anywhere between 1-4 weeks. They are not just translating; they are reviewing your request to send your paperwork to the best region for you. Once you are assigned a Region, I will let you know and you will start working on the region specific documents. For now, I will review your documents and add mine. Mine do need to be Apostiled in the state of MO, so I will be sending them to our Secretary of States office on Tuesday (Nov 11 - Ummm this is Veteran's Day I better email them!). We send to SOS once a week. I will get them back on Thursday (Nov 13). If everything is in order and OK, I will send your documents out on next Friday (Nov 14)."

At this point they say the first trimester of the paperwork pregnancy is complete.

No comments: