Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Off they go - another small step

This afternoon Justin and I drove our registration documents to Springfield. I cannot tell you the number of times I checked our folder to make sure I had everything on the checklist I was given. I was driving myself crazy! It was great that Justin was able to drive down with me. They still have one field of corn left to harvest, and he had to leave my dad and Lisle to handle the work while he was gone. Nothing usually gets in the way of harvest progress so you can tell how important this is to the both of us. He wants to be involved the entire step of the way. We found the building (Secretary of State Index Department) easily and did not have to wait in line. The lady saw our stack of papers and said, ummm this is going to take awhile. We weren’t for sure what that meant. Awhile like 5 minutes or awhile like 2 hours? She was off with our papers before we could even ask. My anxiety increased having our documents out of my sight. She returned in about 30 minutes with a fancy sheet with a gold seal attached to each of our documents. It costs $2 per document to have them Apostilled. This time we had 30 documents. There will be more in the future I am sure. So once again I had to verify that she had given us back every single piece of paper. The post office was about 2 blocks down the road so we decided to go ahead and express mail the packet to Children’s Hope so it will arrive before noon tomorrow. I had to check the folder two more times before sealing the envelope. I was becoming compulsive. What if we forgot one??? Sealing that envelope and leaving it behind was rough. There was a lot of hard word put into those silly papers. These papers are going to be representing Justin, Brady, Madison, and I in Russia. This will be the first impression the Russian folks have of the Overstreet family. YIKES!!! No pressure right?!?!? I will anxiously await an email from Pam Bischoff, our program coordinator with CHI, verifying that she has the documents and that everything is there that she needs. I will update this blog with what comes next after this. I THINK I know, but I am going to ask one more time just to make sure the procedures haven’t changed in the last 24 hours. Which believe me is quite possible.

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this update, I realize that next holiday season we may have a new addition(s?) to our family. How exciting! Love Mom

Heather said...

Ohhhh wow - I hadn't even thought of it like that. Do you really think we will have everything wrapped up by then? What an awesome thought!!

Mary E. said...

Wow, your story is so amazing and inspiring.