Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shhhh – Can you keep a secret?

I am glad Brady and Madison don’t check this blog! I just have to share something Justin and I are getting them for Christmas. A few months ago I got an email that had a link to this website called Adopted From Russia (http://www.adoptedfromrussia.com/index.html). It has cute things that you can purchase. Justin, Brady, Madison, and I want to learn some basic Russian which is very difficult to do. My thought is, what a better way to learn than through toys? We are getting Madison the talking doll, Kukla. "Kukla" means "doll" in the Russian language. Kukla says five phrases in Russian language - starting with "Privet" (Hello) and continuing with "Ulybnis' " (Give me a Smile). Push her tummy, and you will hear her say "Ya Tebya Lyublyu" (I Love You), followed by "Davai Druzhit'" (Let's Be Friends) and, finally, "Poeegrai So Mnoi" (Play with Me). We are also getting her a copy of Goldilocks and the Three Bears that has both the English and Russian text on the same page.

For Brady, we chose a talking toy Cheburashka which is Russia's most famous and loved cartoon character. Cheburashka, speaks about 20 Russian phrases in a cute childish voice. We are also getting a DVD of the Cheburashka series that we can watch in English or in Russian with English subtitles. We think this will be a great thing to bring along with us whenever we finally get to make the trip back from Russia with our little one!

I wanted to get more books. I have a weakness for children’s books and this is a genre I have never even thought of before. But Justin and I have agreed that we will not go overboard with Christmas this year so I opted not to spend any more money…. Plus I still have to get nesting dolls for them right?!?! :o)

No comments: