Monday, April 6, 2009

How are you doing?

It is amazing how we have had four months to prepare to be gone and yet we are running around like crazy trying to get all of the last minute details in place. I always have said I work better under pressure so I guess we’ll get things done somehow.

Right now my emotions are all out of whack too. I feel bad for any person who has looked in me in the eyes the past couple of days and said, “How are you doing?” For some reason that question is bringing me to tears. It is hard to explain how we are doing. We are filled with such joy and excitement, nervousness and anxiety, uncertainty and determination etc… So if you see us this week you may want to say, “Hey, what’s up?” if you don’t want to see me cry yet again. (o:

We are working on packing lists, getting as much squared away with work as possible, and spending time with our friends and family. We can barely sleep at night which is actually helping to get a lot done. Now we just have to hope that we don’t wear our bodies down and get sick.

I thought I would share three of the many proud parent moments from the weekend. 1) Madison had her Dazzler Showcase in which she danced her tap and hip-hop routines with her groups. She did a great job. 2) Brady had his solar system artwork selected to be displayed at the local art center (see photo). 3) On Saturday, when I came out of my bedroom from getting ready for the day, Brady and Madison were lounging on the couch reading!!! Not playing a video game, or the computer, or watching tv, or playing with legos or stuffed animals, or fighting with each other – but reading! I loved it! (see photo)



7 comments:

Tony and Dawn said...

Congratulations and best wishes! Our youngest still talks (after 9 months) about her detsky dom mommas at Artyem. She loved them very much which made us feel good about her stay there. God Bless -

Carey and Norman said...

Just found your blog from Joel and Clarion's blog link. We adopted our daughter from Vlad through CHI last Feb/March. We have just finished celebrating our 1 year Gotcha anniversary. So glad that you have a court date and are traveling soon to bring Blake home. Looking forward to following your journey back to Vlad!!

Carey and Norman said...

If you will send me your e-mail at russianfairytale (gmail), I will forward you a link to our blog.

Kim said...

Who can blame you! I would be an emotional wreck too!! :)

kate s. said...

Great accomplishments by Brady and Madison! And just LOVE LOVE the pic of them reading on couch :). A mama's/teacher's dream pic for their children :).

Everything will get done somehow...you and Justin are good at that! I wish I could hug you to see those tears of joy, anxiety, etc. because I miss ya and would love to be there to share in this journey with you.

jim and cheryl said...

madison we really enjoyed your dance showcase. you did a great job. brady congrats on the artwork, nice job. cute pic reading togetther, how often does that happen, enjoy the monment. mom and dad take a deep breathe and relax, it will all come together, you made it this far and now the end is insight, then a new journey begins. we are all excited for you.

Rich and Jolynn said...

You know it sounds like you are doing Great! Just think he will be home on the same couch with his sister and brother. I can certainly relate to the teary eyes. We are Praying for you all and excited that you will soon be holding him.