Sunday, July 12, 2009

A bit of separation anxiety

Ok so the word anxiety may be a bit strong to describe the reaction but….

People ask me all of the time if Blake ever stops smiling. Well, he really is happy most of the time and if he is not happy it doesn’t take much to get him happy again. Any time I have had to leave Blake he has been with Brady and Madison. He is showing great progress in attachment and I am certain that he understands the relationship Justin and I have with him is something special. He has never gotten too upset about either of us leaving because he would just turn to Brady and Madison and begin to play. Well this week Brady was at camp for a day and a friend came to pick Madison up for a play date. That is when the tears started. His little lip quivered and the tears ran down his cheek. I have to admit I was happy to see how close he feels to them and it was endearing to sooth him while he was upset. The tears were pretty short lived as he realized that mom can be fun too and that I wasn’t leaving him. I am a bit nervous about how the last couple of weeks of August will go. I will begin reporting to the office regularly beginning August 5th. That won’t be much of a problem for the kids (it will be a killer for me!) because they will get to still hang out together with their grandmas. Then on August 21st Brady and Madison will begin school. That leaves Blake with one of the grandmas by himself until preschool starts on September 8th. I am sure things will be fine, but I am fully expecting him to be bent out of shape!

Hoping to have some great pictures to share with you soon!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

it is great blake is attached to everyone. alone time with grandmas will be fun once he realizes it is for a short time. he will do ok. and mom will do ok going back to wrok. big adjustments but one day at a time and it will come along. grandma can handle it. have fun on your vacation.

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

Will you send me an email please? I have a picture to send you that was on the wall at Artem of Blake. You probably have seen it, but just in case :)

michelleboring@yahoo.com