Friday, December 5, 2008

Seoul, Korea

We have arrived in Korea safe and sound. It is almost 9:00 am on the 6th here and it is about 6:00 pm on the 5th back home. Thanks for all the emails and blog comments. We appreciate the support and being able to stay in touch with what is happening back home. We will start boarding our flight for Vlad in about 30 minutes. We are excited to get there, but getting really nervous as well. I think Justin and I have asked every parent between Chicago and Seoul how old their little one was that was traveling with them. We forget what 'three' looks like and find ourselves letting our minds wonder wildly about how our first visit to the baby home will go. We hope to have easy internet access at the Vlad Inn so we can chat with Brady and Maddie and update everyone. I have tried to upload a picture but the free internet access here won't let me :o) Until next time...

Justin and Heather

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Heather and Justin -

Glad that you made it to Seoul. The next flight will be a cakewalk!
There are calling cards that you can buy at the bookstore at Incheon airport that are incredibly cheap to call home to.

Tell Lana and Irina hi from the Sipes Family. Enjoy the Vlad inn - especially the brunch on Sunday am. They give you a whole plate of desserts to take back to your room!

Safe Travels!
Becky

Amy said...

Hi Justin and Heather... I stumbled on your blog from another blog I read. I am also a Vladivostok PAP! I was there for trip #1 in October and am patiently (ha!) waiting for trip #2!

Enjoy your trip -- the Vlad Inn is a wonderful place to meet other families. Let me know which baby home your little boy is in. My little girl is in Artem.

Don't let Tatiana at the MOE scare you! She's all bark -- no bite. Enjoy -- can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather and Justin! Yeah, glad you are on your way to Vlad and that all seems to be going smoothly so far.

Happy to read your blog update and anxious for the next installment of your adventure :). I'm nervous and excited for you!