Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coming or going?

We are still trying to catch up from being gone. Man oh man is it hard to get things back in order. Blake has really enjoyed meeting his extended family members. He has met his aunts, uncles, cousins, and with each interaction is it like he has known them for years and that he is jumps in and plays whatever they are playing. We also stopped by my office and MHS and said hi to a few people. Blake especially enjoyed playing with all of the buttons in Pam’s office. We are thankful we can lock computers from little fingers!

I have noticed something in the past couple of days that I have to got to fix. I have a lot of anxiety about how fast time is going. I am off work until the end of June and I want to make the most of each and every day. I have had a lot of anxiety built up already about how fast the days are going. I am worried about transitioning back to work and how Blake will do. I am so excited to have quality time with Brady and Madison. However in my anxiousness I am causing myself more stress instead of enjoying the time that has been given to me. I have decided to make a conscious effort to enjoy the time I have now and not be so worried about what is out of my control in the coming weeks. As you have noticed already, my blogging will slow down greatly. I feel guilty sitting down at the computer when I could be doing a hundred other things. (Although sometimes blogging can be good therapy!)

As you can see in the picture, Brady, Madison, and Blake are still enjoying each other. Madison has asked me if I can make him stop playing with Dora, and Brady thinks the Brainy Baby DVD we play in the car is very annoying. But they know how important it is for Blake to hear things over and over again so they are being pretty tolerant.

Blake is always a great source of entertainment. I have said several times that he is a copy cat. Brady and Madison were getting ready for their first baseball game and were putting on their game pants. Well Blake decided that he too needed to change his pants. So he went to Madison’s room and picked up a pair of her jeans that were wrong side out and put them on. What made this so funny besides the fact that they were girl’s jeans, wrong side out, and way too big was that he was completely serious. Blake thought that he was leaving the house in those jeans. Brady and Madison were laughing so hard, and Brady say, “I love this guy!”

Speaking of the baseball game, here is Madison practicing before the game and Brady during the game.


And finally here is Blake at his doctor’s appointment. As you can see he is still in need of a haircut! Justin wanted the three boys to get their hair cut together so we have to make it until Saturday for the first cut. Blake was great at the doctor. He was a bit more serious as you can see. He has developed a deep cough over the past couple of days so we are going back to the doctor on Friday to see how he is getting along. We will also go to the hospital so he can have blood drawn for all of the necessary blood tests we need ran.


Well I think that brings us up to speed. I have yet to get a handle on what post adoption paperwork I need to do. Well I know what I need to do just not WHEN to do it. I think I just need to take time and go through everything and we’ll get it figured out.

Enjoy each day!

4 comments:

Jarka said...

you´re right, just slow down and relax :) ...that photo of Blake (I love that name btw :) with the jeans wrong side out is gorgeous :D it looks like you´re having great time :)

Joel and Clarion said...

Ha! Any time my colleagues at the office see Sergei coming they immediately lock their computers! :) Glad things are going so well. You all look very happy. We're looking forward to meeting you guys maybe this summer. Blessings!

Clarese said...

I think this is great advice for everyone: "I have decided to make a conscious effort to enjoy the time I have now and not be so worried about what is out of my control."

It is so wonderful that your three children are getting along so well!

Kathy Bentz said...

Not that I have even half of what you have to do, but this has been helpful to keep in the back of my brain. It's summing up Matthew 6:25-27, there is always enough time to do what God has called me to do. Hope it helps you too!