Friday, May 8, 2009

Honeymoon Period?

Well Blake and I were up at 3:10 a.m. this morning. We are going to push though the day with no naps. It should be quite interesting! Thankfully Brady and Madison didn’t hear us moving about the house, but Justin joined our party at about 4:00 a.m. Blake and I took Brady and Madison to school and then we sealed his American citizenship by making a trip to Walmart. I feel that now that we have completed that rite of passage we can officially go about business as usual. It was when we were in the parking lot that I began to wonder if/when our honeymoon period will end. Here is what I mean…
- Blake is happy almost all of the time.
- He sleeps very well.
- We have no bathroom issues (other than the obsession for flushing!)
- He loves to give us hugs and kisses.
- He was so good in Walmart. He doesn’t shut down like he is over stimulated and doesn’t try to touch everything and whine when we pass objects that catch his attention

The list could go on. I read so many warning signs for attachment and transition issues. I have been on the lookout for those things, and so far we have no signs of issues. I am trying to enjoy the moment and brace myself for what is to come. Could we be so lucky and forego all of the attachment ‘issues’???

Now we have to attempt to clean up the house. We have things everywhere. I feel like I can’t relax until that is done. Of course a huge thank you to the grandmas. The house super clean and everything was put away until we came through and destroyed it. Ugh! Here are a few pictures for you.

Blake and Madison in the Mystery Machine (now the Mystery Machina) coming home from the airport.

Blake ‘helping’ Madison with her backbend. He tries to copy her tricks.

We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner last night. The kids did the chicken dance with the mariachi band.

The boys at about 5:30 this morning.

Brady thought it would be fun to drag Blake around in a laundry basket. Of course Brady got worn our before Blake was through getting a ride!

Blake found swimming goggles and wore them for a long time. He found Madison’s singing Dora. I must say I can’t wait for her batteries to run out! :o)

6 comments:

Tracey and Chuck said...

I am so glad to hear that he is adjusting so well. How wonderful is that!!! Thanks for sharing the update and of course the pictures. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend together.

Rich and Jolynn said...

His smile just gets bigger and bigger in every picture. So happy to hear things are going well. Walmart is quite the experience for us long term Americans too, hehe.

kate s. said...

He looks right at home already...yeah!

The C. Crew said...

I don't know how I missed your blog before, but it was so fun to read. He is ADORABLE! How old is he? Ride out the honeymoon as long as you can. :) When we adopted our first three, one of the twins was easy...and to this day, she still is easy going. There is hope. :)

Clarese said...

I could look at pictures of Blake's happy, smiling face all day long! So, so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweetheart! I am SOOO glad to hear all is well. For some reason, I expected nothing less!!! It is kind of neat to see- Kind of like Brady and Madison have a new friend...and they get to keep him!! :) What a wonderful journey! I am so happy we have been around for it!! Can't wait to see you guys again and meet Mr. Blake. I feel like I know him already!!

*Mandi*