Saturday, February 21, 2009

Be joyful always.

So this morning I wake up and decide to just randomly read from my bible. It was a great way to start the day when I read the words in 1 Thessalonians 16-18. “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

Here are some things I am finding joy in right now related to our journey to bring Blake home. We have all of the ‘just-in-case’ papers ready to send off. We don’t know if the judge would have asked for any of them, but since we had time we thought we would try to stay one step ahead. So next week we will appostille and send off our home study agency’s good standing letter (fixed a date discrepancy); updated license for the counselor that did the phsyc eval (his license was set to expire the end of March); new sex offender search (wanted first and last name and address to appear); new Illinois State Police background checks (wanted to have them notarized differently); new financial statement (had put on our CPA’s letterhead to be more official); and finally our updated home study (adjusted the age range to be up to 5 years old).

Tonight we received a special blanket for Blake. My grandma (MeMa) has made it her mission to make every great grandchild a crocheted blanket. MeMa has 9 children, 16 grandchildren, and 29 great grandchildren – counting Blake. She has been quite busy working on the blankets. I must say, this one is my favorite. I love the colors she chose. Take a look!


I have one more thing I want to share… something that is going to help me keep my sanity for the next month or so. I’ll write about it tomorrow. Time to go cuddle with Brady and Maddie.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love the blanket. MeMa is very talented! I have an aunt who has a similiar cause - and she makes all her grandchildren and great nieces and nephews the most gorgeous blankets. Little T got one and I can't wait to show it to her!

Nancy said...

WOW! You are so prepared!

Anonymous said...

when i read this it made me cry. mom's love for her family really shows. i have to say like all of us she hasn't met blake but loves him already, he is one lucky boy to have some much love shown by people who haven't met him yet. this is one of my favorite balnkets also. good job mema.

Anonymous said...

Has I sit and watch the progress daily of all the love and work she puts in each and every one she does, I also see the pride she has when she gets to give it to the special one that gets a piece of her and her work. Enjoy all the loving warmth she has passed to you
GOOD JOB MEMA! We Love you munches