Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Mystery Machine

I just have to say that you just never know what fun and exciting things will be going on with the Overstreet’s! On Friday night I was completely prepared for a night home with the family. I was actually going to workout, watch movies with the kids, catch up on laundry etc… At about 5:30ish I get a call from my dear husband asking me if I would want to bring Brady and Madison into Macomb and maybe grab dinner. I said no, not really. I had just put on my workout stuff and had hoped to get things done around the house. He then goes on to tell me that he would like for me to bring his checkbook to him if at all possible before six o’clock. Hmmmmm. What is this all about? Well much to my surprise our friend Levi (thanks Levi!) called him that morning and said he saw this awesome conversion van at a local dealership. Justin has mentioned that when Blake arrives, it would be nice to have an older vacation vehicle – for family road trips. Well I guess this was a deal he just couldn’t pass up. This is a 1988 Ventura Conversion Van complete with original curtains, venetian blinds, and faux wood accents throughout. Justin thinks it is nostalgic and the best bargain of the century. Brady and Madison think that Dad is like the coolest thing on earth. I am just shocked. Are we really going to drive hundreds of miles away from home in that thing?!?! It is totally going to be the Overstreet’s Lampoon Vacation. They have now named the van the Mystery Machine. Ohhh the memories we will create.

And it gets even better… Justin and I went to a fundraising dinner Saturday night (thanks Jason and Amber Duncan) and had a great time. Katie and Levi came over to babysit for us. When we got home, Brady and Madison had made their bed in the Mystery Machine (it is in our heated garage) and had fallen asleep. They truly think that there is nothing cooler right now than the ‘mini RV’ that their hero (Dad) brought home. I have to admit that it is so cute how much enjoyment they are getting out of this – for now. Wait until they are teenagers and dad is still making them do roadtrips in the 1988 Mystery Machine!

I don’t think this picture does the curtains and wood panel justice. If you want to experience the Mystery Machine up close and personal – just give us a call! :o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I predict years of enjoyment/embarrassment.

Anonymous said...

I can only hope the "mystery machine" will find its way to Texas.
Love ya

Amy said...

Too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

love the mystery machine can't wait to see it. cute pic. i hope they always think it is this cool. have fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to be swayed by the magic of the Mystery Machine. Maybe it isn't all bad after all. The kids are too cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that picture is just TOO cute!!! Truly priceless! What a fun story and Mystery Machine!!! I have no doubt that awesome memories will be created....you already have! Wow, Blake has no idea what he is in for...all good, of course :).