Monday, February 23, 2009

Интернейшнл Чилдренс Аллайнс, Инк.

Wanna take a guess at what the title of this entry means?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Yeah - didn't think so.

Apparently this is the name of our homestudy agency in Russian. If you recall I wrote a quick update about a list that was put out by the Russian Ministry of Education that named Home Study Providers who have not followed through with their post placement reports. We thought we had dodged a bullet by not having our agency on the list. Well, I got a call today from our awesome social worker who decided to review the list again. And as you can guess since I am writing about it - Lifelink IS on the list. They were one of the agencies that were left at the bottom and not translated from Russia to English. We are trying to get our bearings as is everyone else affected. Lifelink is as surprised as I am to be on the list as they have not sent any post placement reports in late nor have been notified of any issues. Of course there are a number of areas where this process can fall apart so it is hard to tell.

I feel bad because initially I just broke down in tears on the phone. How could we have missed this last week? What does all of this mean? I have since got my wits about me a bit and know that I need to take my own advice and go back to 1 Thessalonians 16 that I wrote about on Saturday. Maybe this situation will help us get our papers in front of a judge quicker. I am grasping at straws right now, but I don't want to think of the worst case scenario. To be honest I don't even want to prepare myself for the worst case scenario. I just don't have it in me right now.

I am waiting with what little patience I can muster to hear back from our agency on what is next. From what I gather no one really knows. There is very little information coming from Russia right now on how each region is handling this situation. Plus I found out that today is a holiday in Russia so everyone has the day off. Here is a little info about the said holiday...

The Army Day - Men's Day - February 23: This holiday is celebrated on the 23rd of February. It is the tribute of respect to all the generations of Russian soldiers from the ancient times till nowadays to those who defeated courageously the motherland from invaders. On this day all the masculine representatives from boys to old men receive congratulations and presents and the military men greet each other. Women have a happy opportunity to say the warmest and the sweetest words to their lovers and to please them with signs of attention. (copied from the internet)

I think I need to reread Brady's entry so I can smile again. Isn't he sweet?!?! I can't wait for Blake to meet him and Madison!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with another setback. God's time is perfect, whether we like it or not. Mostly not ;-)

K~

Rich and Jolynn said...

We know all about this too. It is so frustrating. I cried today while on the phone with our placement agency. Our home-study agency is not sure why it is happening and they are working to get it resolved. And have asked us to not do anything just yet. The placement agency will not take a transfer (same state) very sad day. We are still waiting for a referral. Wow, when we started this adventure I did not realize this part of the journey would be so challenging. Praying for all of us.

Nancy said...

Well that just stinks! I hope that Vladivostok accepts your original homestudy with no problems. I'll say a prayer for you!

Carolynn and Steve said...

We're in the same situation, too. I'm so sorry that you got blindsided by this--it is discouraging after so much work and waiting. Please please please don't feel bad about breaking down--it is, in my mind, like being in an accident or disaster where you don't know what is happening or what to do. I've been wiped out emotionally by this whole situation, too. I'm holding you and all of us affected by this situation in my prayers. I pray that this will all be resolved and we'll all move on to the next stage in the journey.
Hugs to you.

Amy said...

Hi Heather -- this stinks! So sorry to hear you are going through this. :(

I have been thinking about your last posting -- and it really rings true for me. Thanks for a reminder!

Thinking about you -- keep me posted.

findingourdaughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
findingourdaughter said...

We are dealing with this too....after almost a year in this process, we are so drained. We are re-doing our HS with a new agency, but we have been waiting so long for a referral from Russia.....we just have no idea what else could happen before we ever get there.
I hope you get to bring Blake home very soon!
Hugs and God Bless,
Angie in FL

Anonymous said...

i am sure waiting is so hard for you. you are in our prayers and i firmly believe god has a time for everything and as humans it is hard for us to be patient and wait for his plan for us. but remember good things come to those who wait. easier said then done. love you all