Sunday, March 8, 2009

3 Months and 17 Years

Today is March 8th and that means three months have passed since meeting Blake. Each day the wait gets harder, but also with each passing day I know we are a bit closer to bringing him home.

March 8th has been a special day for me for many years. It actually marks the day that Justin and I started to date. Yes, that is right! March 8th, 1992 the end of my freshman year of high school (his sophomore year) he gave me his class ring and we have been dating/married since that day without one single silly breakup or anything. So when I say that he is my best friend, I absolutely mean it. We essentially grew up together and today marks 17 years since we began our journey. That is amazing - it is more than half of our lives spent together. I do need to remind him that on that very night, he snuck down to my house after midnight and threw rocks – not individual rocks but a handful of rocks at my window. My parents both yelled upstairs at me and wanted to know what the horrific noise was. I just sat in my bed with my mouth closed wondering what on earth he was thinking! After diving into our lilac bush he made a clean getaway. :o)

UPDATE: Amy was able to see her daughter yesterday! What a special day for them. She is still holding out hope that she will get to hand deliver our album to Blake. No luck during the first visit but perhaps on visit number two. Amy is preparing for court. Take a look at her blog if you want to keep up with her story. An exciting time for she and Little T!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Aw...high school sweethearts! That gives us something in common ~ Jon and I started dating Senior Year of high school and have been together ever since (26 years and counting!). We'd never surmise the journey we'd be on together but I couldn't dream going through this adventure with anyone else. Like you, he is my best friend.

Hang in there and hopefully you'll get a call to go get Blake SOON!

~Laura