Monday, March 9, 2009

Phone calls can be dangerous

Today CHI emailed out their weekly update. In it there was a statement that if your homestudy agency was on ‘the list’ a couple of weeks ago to let them know. CHI has been able to make contacts in Russia that can get the details of what reports are missing or delinquent. So I emailed our rep and reminded her that our agency was on that list. Things are still unclear about how each region and/or person will handle that list. It is believed to have more of an impact on those waiting for a referral than those that have already accepted one. I am erring on the side of being more safe than sorry and am trying to help get Lifelink off that list. So anyway a couple of hours after sending the email I am sitting in my office at work and just finishing up a conversation with Pam H. (our data manager and a good friend) who begins to walk out the door when my cell phone rings. The caller ID reads “Children’s Hope International”. Literally my heart skips a beat, I feel my face getting hot, and I start shaking. As soon as I said hello I remembered the email I sent and realized she was just calling about that and not what I was hoping for. We then decided that CHI would only call for very important things because my heart just can’t take it! :o) When I was off the phone Pam peaked her head around the corner of my office and asked how things were. She said that my face turned instantly to the color of my shirt which was a fuchsia color!
----
So as I was typing this entry I got the pleasure of chatting with Amy online. Amy had court today in Vlad and was finished in a record 30 minutes! She is now a first time Mommy and just has 10 more days to wait until she has full custody of Little T. As you may remember she has graciously agreed to hand deliver our photo album to Blake and try to get a picture for us. Well yesterday during her visit he was sleeping. I can’t really explain why, but when she typed that he was sleeping my heart just bleed. I can just picture his cute little legs curled up to his chest asleep on the pillow and blanket we left behind. (I know they probably aren't letting him use those, but I will let the picture stick in my head anyway). So Amy said that she is going to be able to see him first on her next visit so that he won’t be napping. She asked the caregivers if it was going to be ok for her to take some pictures and they said Da, Da. That is yes!!!! I don’t believe she will make it to Artyem tomorrow, but soon - very soon!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about those phone calls. I did the SAME thing. I think Lorien at my agency was used to it with all of us, because if it WASN'T the BIG news, she'd always start by saying, I have news but NOT the court date.. LOL