Thursday, March 12, 2009

Grateful for Amy!

So as most of you know Justin and I have been praying that our blogger friend Amy would get the opportunity to see Blake while she was in Vlad. The icing on the cake would be her getting pictures of him to share with us. Well sure enough our prayers were answered. Amy emailed us at about 1:00 a.m. this morning and was able to share 4 pictures of our precious son. Here is what she shared about the visit….

First... breathe! I know you are super excited - and you should be! I got to see Blake today! WHAT A SWEETHEART he is! I totally know why you fell head over heels for him.

The director of the Baby Home was there today - so we asked her permission and first she said "sure I will give him the book" but my AWESOME translator said "she would like to take a picture of him for the mom" - and she said YES!!! So we went up to the visiting room and waited for a couple minutes. It was VERY busy at the orphanage today - lots of workers coming and going. A couple minutes later the Director herself brought Blake in! He was all smiles.

I didn't want to confuse him - so I had my translator say "she is a friend of your mama". And I showed him your book. INSTANTLY he knew himself, and ------ drum roll, first he saw a picture of Justin and said "papa!" and then he saw a picture of Heather and said "mama!". It's hard not to cry when I type this because he is really such a sweet boy!! I pointed to your house and he said "dom" and of Annie (that is our dog) and he said "sabaka" - and then we looked at the pictures of Brady and Madison and I explained "sistrah and braot". Such big smiles.


Justin and I are so thankful that Amy could be our messenger. She is such a sweet and caring person. It may not seem like that big of a deal to some of you – so what she just delivered the album and took some pictures you may think. Ohhh - on the contrary! When you visit the orphanage your anxiety level is heightened. You feel you are under a microscope. You don’t understand what is being said around you and you NEVER want to offend anyone or their rules, procedures, and routines. So the fact that Amy stepped even further outside her comfort zone to do this for us is admirable. In addition, we believe with all of our heart that in some way seeing the pictures in the album will help Blake have a bit of peace knowing that we will return.

It is a very joyous day for us, but I have to admit that there is a bittersweet bit to the whole situation. One is my heart just broke with how much bigger he looks. He is growing up and we are missing out on these precious days. Two, I can’t help but to wonder how much he understands the concept of mama and papa. After all they call all caregivers mama. I hope that by the look in his eyes I can let myself believe he understands that our relationship is going to be much different and special. Thirdly, the lil guy needs a haircut! I can’t wait until the first time we get to give him a bubble bath and shampoo his hair and let him feel completely pampered. I long for that moment each and every day. But for today, I am going to relish in the joy that Amy’s message and pictures bring. I wish I could share the pictures with you, but of course I can’t. I thought perhaps just a teaser photo would be ok.

In this picture you can see the signature blue tights they put on the children and the ever so recognizable brown couch that anyone who goes to this baby home will always remember. He has our album/book in his lap and is looking at the pictures of his bedroom. I hope he liked them! :o)

11 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I read Amy's post first and then yours! I think what Amy did is wonderful and I am so happy that you got the photos and I know Blake was thrilled to receive the the photo book! He knows someone special is coming for him!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, Justin- What WONDERFUL news!!! My heart is smiling right now so I can only imagine how BIG your smile is!!! WOW- how sweet of Amy and what an answered prayer of how it all played out...Amy got to see Blake, hand deliver him the album, take a few pics of him.....oh my- he IS a special little boy!!! I am so happy for your news and that you can find peace today knowing he can see updated pics of you, Brady, Madison, Annie, "his" house....and that you can "see" your lil boy and know he is okay.

What an exciting post to read today!

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I am sooo happy also!! This post brought tears to my eyes...again! I'm sure he is SO happy to see your faces- even in pictures!! We will continue to count down the days with you!!! Love ya!

*Mandi*

Amy said...

Honestly, Heather and Justin - it was my pleasure AND an honor. He is such a sweet boy!

I forgot to mention that during my visit the Baby home director - she and Sergei decided that Blake and Tania could be "boyfriend and girlfriend" when they get older! haha!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amy! Seeing pictuers of the little guy makes it so real. I can relate with you a little more H&J., you sat with him and played.Got to hug on him,(our turn willcome!) We are praying and hoping to get to meet him soon. reading the blog was great, yet very emotional. I think he knows Mama & Papa. Blake will be with Mama & Papa soon,and be on his way home to meet his new braot & sistrah.

Joel and Clarion said...

That's awesome! You're right. Many of us will never forget that brown couch. We're hoping and praying that your wait won't be much longer.

amy m. provine said...

Aw, Heather! I hope that you can go get him soon. From the picture I can see that he is about Joel's size & age... which makes me even more anxious for you!

findingourdaughter said...

I am so glad she was able to do this for you. I know it warmed her heart just as much. She and I have become close during our adoption journeys and I am so honored to call her my friend.
I hope you get a court day very soon to go and get your Blake!
Praying!
God Bless!
Angie

Kim said...

Oh my goodness that is WONDERFUL!! I cried reading this. What a special gift he remembered you. Fantastic!

Thank you for the comment on my blog. I too look to the future and don't concentrate on the present. I have two little boys that need me here and now. It's a hard balance.

Hoping you hear something soon!

Kim

Anonymous said...

this entry made me cry, we are all thankful to amy and her willingness to do this for you guys. god bless you amy. just remember you are another day closer.

heather said...

Wow you guys...what a special moment. Thanks for sharing all of this with others...It really is inspiring.