Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bedroom pictures

This entry is way out of order, but I wanted to ‘vent’ just a little. I have really got to get this blog up to date so this makes more sense. Anyway… yesterday we sent pictures to our social worker to include in our dossier (again – I’ll get to that later). Children’s Hope said to include 2 pictures of Justin and I, 2 pictures of us with Brady and Madison, a picture of the front of the house, one of the back of the house, and then a picture of each of the rooms in our home not including bathrooms. So I took pictures of all of the rooms, but I chose not to take one of our master bedroom. I don’t know why, but I just didn’t want to share that with the bazillion of people that will be looking at the documents. Honestly, there is nothing special, weird, or anything else about our master bedroom. It is simply a bedroom. So anyway, I get an email from our social worker yesterday afternoon. She said that she noticed that we did not include a picture of our master bedroom. She was wondering if I forgot that picture?!?!? No, I didn’t forget! I shared with her briefly that I had intentionally left it out. She is so sweet and of course said that it was my decision whether or not to include the picture. Ugh! I told her that I would include it. If she noticed right away that is was missing, that means that as the paperwork works its way ‘up’ for approval it is bound to come up again. I would rather just include it now then run into a road block later. I know this sounds so petty and silly. And to be honest, I don’t really know what the big deal is. It just bothers me. Guess I’ll have to suck it up, make our bed, and take the picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am finding this process so intriguing and interesting...especially all these little details. Venting is good! By the way, your Halloween themed food was hilarious...what creative ideas! miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

I understand. Your bedroom is like... Well the last safe haven. The one place you can be you. Really!

So how do you make the cat litter casserole??
Darrels having a party.
Aunt Betty

Mary E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary E. said...

I can understand your frustration. A bedroom is very personal!

I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you a funny story from this past weekend - my parents just remodeled their main bathroom and when we went over to see it, K said, "Oh it's beautiful, ALMOST as nice as my friend Brady's mom's bathroom." HAHAHA, nothing will ever live up to your house in his eyes! =)