Friday, October 31, 2008

Month or so later

We waited and waited for the state endorsement letter to arrive so we could move a tiny step forward. I began to pray each night that the person whose desk was flooded with paperwork and letting our documents just sit there – that they would realize it was more than just paper. In essence, people’s lives or a portion of their life journey was sitting on their desk. On September 26th Carole called me at work to tell me that she got the letter. She was able to complete the homestudy. With that, she mailed the approved homestudy off to CIS so they could then process the I700A form that would say we were fit to parent an orphan. Do you notice a theme here? Hurry up and get paperwork done so you can wait to get approval so you can hurry up and get more paperwork done and wait some more! And then (as I posted that day) on October 24th we got our letter from CIS. So the ball is back in our court. More paper gathering. We are hoping to have all the documents ready to drive down to Springfield the first part of next week.

So finally I think I have gotten this blog up to speed with the beginning process of our adoption and a whole lot more. It will be MUCH easier to journal these events as they happen. It is on my to-do-list to put a timeline on the side of this blog to document the important dates.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: