Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day

Well I had big plans for today since I didn’t have to work. I thought for sure I would make tons of progress on this blog, email friends back, work on bills, etc… and wouldn’t you know it our internet connection was down. So instead of having time to get a meaningful entry put together, I am now tired and worn out from the day’s activities. Can I just tell you though that I am in love with another man right now??? His name is Christopher Columbus! What an awesome holiday! There are really no obligations on this day for us (perhaps I’m not being patriotic enough). Brady, Madison, and I were productive around the house – thanks again to no internet access. We also took time to play a game together. This is a game Brady’s friend Grant gave him for his birthday called Banangrams. I would highly recommend it to anyone with kids old enough to spell four to five letter words. We had a great time and even challenged Justin to a game when he came home from the fields. All four of us agreed that we would not play with Grandma Cindy. Brady says she would spank us! The coolest thing for me though was a realization that I had in the middle of our second game. I was playing a game against Brady – for real. Not Chutes and Ladders or Candy Land where everything is about luck. This was actually a game that required strategy. Granted I had to help him a few times and tell him he could NOT spell wiz and poo but still. He is just getting to be so big and mature! While it is exciting on one hand, it is scary and disheartening on the other.

I also thought I would share a couple of pictures with you. On Sunday nights we host a small group in our house for a book study which of course involves food as well. This week we decided to do Halloween themed food. On the menu was Cat Litter Casserole, Beans and Wormies, Mummy Dogs, Creepy Peepers, Spider Cookies, and Scardy Cat Cheese Ball.

We got such a kick out of the Cat Litter Casserole. (I hear we're glad Steve wasn't able to make it!)


Madison got her ears pierced this weekend for her birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love Bananagrams too! I love being able to play a real game with Ethan. We have the Scrabble Dictionary & the Scrabble Word Builder handy & Ethan is really building his vocabulary.

Glad you enjoyed the day off.

Kristen