Monday, October 20, 2008

Random thoughts

I haven’t had even a second to get back to this blog! I thought I’d squeeze in a few updates between duties. First of all, for all that requested the Cat Litter Casserole recipe – just click on this link and it will take you to the recipe. We used ground sausage in ours. Secondly, I did take the bedroom pictures. So they are ready whenever we get ready to send our packet to CHI. Third, we had a very fun weekend. My friend Bridget and her husband Jordan come down from Chicago for the weekend. (Now if I could just get a friend to come visit from North Carolina and one from Pennsylvania to come visit I’ll be happy!) It was great to hang out with them and to get to know Jordan better. I am pleased to report, the more we got to know about him the more we liked him! Lol. It was also WIU’s homecoming and Madison walked in her first WIU homecoming parade with her Dazzler dance team. We took the city slickers out to the farm to ride in the combine and tractors so they could see what harvest is all about. Unfortunately the tour was cut short when the combine decided to breakdown and throw sparks on the ground lighting a little section of the field on fire. It didn’t do much damage to the field. Thankfully there were plenty of feet to stomp it out. I told Justin and Lisle that they didn’t have to put on a show for our guests!

On a more serious note. I have been praying for many relationships lately. If you pray, I would ask that you partner with me in asking God to lift up families that are struggling right now. It seems that there are a lot of strained relationships. There are couples that are considering divorce, there are couples that are trying desperately to get pregnant, there are couples that are pregnant and they are on pins and needles because of some risk factors, etc… I know that these are regular life issues, but for some reason I feel like they are more prevalent right now among the people I know. It really is weighing heavy on me that I can't figure out a way to make things better for each of them.

Ohh and at 6:28 we found Squirmy dead in his tank :o( Madison was sad until I told her she could pick out a new fish since I obviously picked out one that was sick!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to get back to Macomb to visit you all!!!!!....especially when you welcome the new addition to your family :). Prayers continue for you and those around you. Miss you much!
Hugs from PA!

Bridget Dalton said...

Poor squirmy, the no-fair fish. Tell Madison that Jordan and I are very sorry for her loss. We had the best time visiting this weekend and now Jordan is really looking forward to taking the train for our next Overstreet family adventure. Laura DiCello says "hi", she is sad we did not take any pictures of us this weekend. While I can't believe I did not get one of you and Justin, I am quite happy that I managed to not be in any either ;). Already miss you all!
XOXO Bridget