Friday, October 3, 2008

Lesson learned.

After returning from training that day, I was anxious to call Justin and read the email from CHI to him. I still had to send the email to our rep since that was the decision we had made the night before. But I hadn’t talked to him all day so I thought that I would just give him a call before logging in to the computer. When I went to get the phone, the red light was flashing that we had a message. It was a message from our rep. Keep in mind we hadn’t spoken or corresponded with her for a couple of weeks. Her message was very simple. It just said, “Hello, Justin and Heather. I just wanted to touch base with you. I know how difficult this process can be and how overwhelming it can make you feel. I just wanted to encourage you to be patient and to hang in there.” I couldn’t help but to laugh out loud. God knows how thickheaded Justin and I both are. He was not going to let us take the easy road out. This is HIS plan and he was going to see to it that we stuck to it. I had to call Justin and tell him all of this! When he answered, I said I have sooo much I need to tell you. He cut me off and said, well I have something I need to tell you too. Ok – fine what is it I asked cause I really need to tell you something. He told me that as he sat in the tractor all day he just couldn’t help but to think that we had made the wrong decision the night before. It just didn’t feel right in his heart that we wouldn’t continue on. WOWZA! This was getting to be unreal. It was as if God was hitting me on the head, asking “Do you get it now?”

That night Justin and I vowed that we would be faithful to this calling. It is sometimes hard to know when something is the right decision, but you KNOW when a decision isn’t right. Deciding not to pursue this adoption was definitely the wrong decision. We know now that we have made the right decision for our family, and we are not looking back. While the road ahead is full of unknown twists and turns, we know that this is exactly the direction we are supposed to be headed.

No comments: