Friday, January 9, 2009

Blake’s room almost done.

The sunshine room has been transformed into an adorable little bear lodge. We still need to do a few things – mainly window treatments of some sort. Of course we have lived in our home for two and a half years and have not put up one curtain or blind (woohoo for country living!) so I am hoping that by starting in Blake’s room we will feel inspired to branch out into other areas of the house. I don’t have any good pictures of the entire room yet and will post more later, but here is a sneak peak.

Here is the bedding and the adorable lantern light on the nightstand. You can see some of the lodge looking border and fun green color. I love that the color is bright and happy – but not obnoxious.


This cute little bear is a piggy bank. Well actually it is a bear bank but you get the idea. It is so cute. And that little lantern clock…. We found it in the WalMart Christmas decoration isle for 75% off. I have no idea why they were there, but it was like $2. I love a bargain and it is such a cute touch in the room.


And this quote is one of those sticker type things that come off with a hairdryer – so we are told. We thought this was a perfect saying for Blake. It is on the wall above the dresser.

2 comments:

Amy said...

adorable! such creative ideas!

David & Jodi said...

I love the room! We used this same set for our son Andrei who is home a little over a year now. It has worn very well and he likes it. I hope you bring Blake home soon!

We are another Illinois family with 2 from Russia so I am really enjoying your blog!