Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Buzz

The buzz is contagious. I can’t explain it, but I know some of you reading this will completely understand. Monday night we received our letter from the state police stating that neither Justin nor I have a record. Yeah – no surprises! We have our psychological evaluation this week. This all feels like progress. And then to top it off the folks in Vlad are back to work. I wasn’t for sure how fast after their holiday celebrations they would return to work. We were told by our agency to be cautious and that there may be no activity on the adoption scene until the end of the month. Well thanks to my new blogger friend Amy, I learned that the MOE was already back in business. I have been reading a blog of a family that is there for trip number one on their second adoption, and I have heard there is a family there for court as well. In addition, our agency rep in St. Louis told us that CHI has their documents done. We should have ours completed and sent before the end of the month so she is emailing Irina to see where the Vlad documents are. I don’t expect at all to get any answers, but it is still great to keep our name out there. I can only imagine how those that traveled before we did are feeling about their wait. I normally try not to allow myself to get my hopes up so that I am not set up for disappointment. But for today, I am throwing caution to the wind and basking in the glory knowing that God is good and that His timing will be impeccable. I feel that things are moving in the right direction... for today anyway.

The downside for some though is that the ‘nesting’ instinct is also kicking in. Justin and I are on a nonstop run. We have so much we want to get done before traveling and yet we want to travel tomorrow. My poor techies at work (I love our department) - I bet they are just wondering what on earth has gotten in to me. I have an overwhelming need to get things done RIGHT NOW. They may say this is how I always am, but…. :o)

I seriously am just filled with joy today. Joy of knowing that we have been faithful to God’s calling. Joy of knowing that Brady and Madison are so loving and ready to share their lives with Blake. Joy that Blake is a perfect fit to our family. And joy of knowing that through the trials ahead we have the support of so many family and friends. We will get through this and be so forever grateful to have Blake home.

God is good!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Even more good buzz!! A family who was in Vlad the week before me received news yesterday of their court date on 2/13!! Let's keep the momentum train going!

Anonymous said...

Your good spirits are so wonderful to hear, Heather! Yeah for a day that feels good, makes sense, and understanding in God's plan. You are a joy to so many for sharing this journey with all of us.