Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Friday Everyone

I am quite happy it is Friday. For some reason I have been completely exhausted this week. I am ready for the weekend! Today has been a good day. Justin and I got all of our medical papers completed and notarized. He took 33 documents including the court petition and Blake’s medical information that came from Vlad to Springfield today to be apostilled and will mail them to CHI. Until we get word that we have to redo something, that should complete every document that has been requested. So we have 3 months from today before anything expires. We’ll see what happens.

I found this interesting and timely… I have a daily calendar in my office at work – this one is based on Rick Warren’s The Purpose Driven Life. I have always been horrible about using or reading any type of daily calendar. So typically every 3rd of 4th day I remember to turn it to the current day’s date. And here is what it says for January 23rd. “Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life. Wonderful changes are going to happen in your life as you begin to live it on purpose.” It then has the following scripture, “God says, I know what I am planning for you… I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. (Jeremiah 29:11 NVC)”

Tonight Justin and I are headed to Peoria for Winter Jam ’09 concert. I am super excited for the distraction. Brady and Madison will be off to be spoiled by my aunts and grandma so they are excited as well. Have a great evening!

Can't wait to to see this little guy!!



Update: We are celebrating today! Another small step. Two days after receiving the court petition we received Blake's medical form from Vlad. From what we gather this is the document that everyone scared us about that has to go to Moscow, MOE, Baby Home etc... before it is released to us. Our agency said the wait for this varies dramatically and that they have a family that has been waiting since November to get it. We are absolutely blessed. I am almost in tears over how lucky we are to have this document so soon. One more giant step toward getting Blake home! Praise God!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yea on the form! Now you just need to have it meet the rest of your paperwork on you're on the way!!!

debbiemetzger said...

Praise God!!!

That is amazing that you received the medical acknowledgement so quickly. I remember how we felt when we were told our first I-171-H (advance orphan citizenship processing)would take 30 to 90 days to approve after they received our home study. We had processed our fingerprints in advance. I sent the home study in on a Thursday evening overnight, they approved it Friday and I got it back in the mail on Monday. Imagine my surprise and joy. I am sure that is exactly how you feel only even better because you have already met Blake and each day away from him becomes more difficult.

Enjoy the (distraction) concert.

Kim said...

The Purpose Driven Life is great! I love that quote, and often apply it to our life. Congratulations on the good news! Not sure what paper you are referring to but Yippeee!!! :)

Kim
www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com